In the last few days, I found myself stumbling upon a mirror. Not a mirror in the dress desk. It was reflecting my thought and my feeling. About something I was just started in my early 21st. Work.

It was not about what happened with my work, it was more complicated. It was what would happen.
There were three movies I watched recently. Those movies had a same story line I could thought. About someone who had a great passion in what he was working on. Steve Jobs in iJobs movie, Chris Kyle in American Sniper, and Gerry Web in Kill the Messenger.

In iJobs, I saw, something like, “you work like how it should be worked, no matter what”. Jobs, in the name of professionalism of working could easily fire his beloved old friends. It said “no caliber”. But, hey, look what he has done to this world. Hey, look what he has done so everybody could name him a reflection of “successful”.

Soldiers had never have a gap to the “professional” word. It was part of them. I mean, they got professionalism in being professional. A soldier was sent to out of nowhere in the desert storm. He killed enemies, he saved his friends. He was a legend. But was not for his son. His love was the field of guns.

In the other side of the world, there was a job, like two cliffs and a bridge between. He put himself onto the middle of the bridge. There was no too left or too right. All had to be balanced. Or we could said that you were too left or too right, and you would be dead because you didn't have enough balance to stand beneath the bridge. Did you know what job it was? It was a reporter. I didn't say every reporter had to be like that, or they were. The matter was on what cliff that you stood. A high one, or a low one. Or even a no cliff, but there was still a bridge? Gerry was no better than Chris and his family during his “passion”.

Unlike iJobs story, two movies above ended with a sad ending. That was good. It didn't have to end in happy ending though. We were talking about professionalism, right? We talked a passion before. I didn't smell “money” from the movie started till I write this thought down.

Chris and Gerry died. People could said they died in honor. I could say so. How about Jobs, didn't he deserve the same thing? Let’s be straight, we didn't talk about their achievements here.

They three bared passion in their back. No doubt. They sacrificed everything. Love, family, future(?).
I wondered, after watching those movies, as I started to get my passion in work, should I be one of them? What? They were amazing. But, what would I sacrifice to be like them? Love, family, future?

You know, working by now, I left my family and depend my future in this thing, in what I am working on. It’s important to know what would you be, right? I’m into that way. What would I do without passion in working? In what I’m working on?


I see I left my family wills to do my own. I choose this way. It’s my passion. I sacrifice something to get something. I need time. To prove it. Prove what? Prove that my way is better? Prove that I can do this on my own? Prove that I’m not one of those three? 



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.